Maharashtra government offers educational scholarships to economically weaker students. Which is known as EBC scholarship (Economically Backward Class) or Rajarshi Chhatrapati Shahu Maharaj Fee Reimbursement Scheme.
However, EBC scholarship is especially for the Economically Backward Class candidates. Candidates who got admission through the Centralized Admission Process for the professional courses are eligible for this scholarship.
A most important candidate family income of less than 8 Lakh, is applicable for the scholarship. Only the general category (OPEN or EWS) applicant is allowed. Whereas, other categories such as OBC, ST, SC, & NT are not eligible for the EBC scholarship.
The benefit of the scholarship is: candidate will be deposited 50% of the amount of his tuition fees and examination fees to his/her aadhar linked bank account. It’s necessary for the applicant to redeem their voucher, only then the amount will be credited to a bank account. During the first year, the candidate has to pay full fees, but in the second year, he has to pay half amount of the fees.
The EBC scholarship eligibility is given below:
1. Candidate admitted through Central Admission Process i.e CAP round.
2. Candidate with Indian nationality.
3. Applicant belongs to Maharashtra state and has a domicile of Maharashtra.
4. The family annual income is below 8 lakh.
5. First two children are eligible for the scheme, as per the government resolution.
6. Candidate who has taken admission under the general category are applicable. If candidate belongs to other categories such as OBC/SC/ST/NT category. But he has taken admission under the general category due to some reason. Still, he is applicable for the EBC scholarship.
7. The candidate will not be eligible for an EBC scholarship, If taken admission in Distance Education, virtual learning, and part-time courses.
8. The applicants cannot avail of any other scholarship while applying for this.
9. A minimum of 50 % attendance in the previous semester is required.
10. During the course duration, the candidate should not have had a gap of two or more years.
Documents required for EBC scholarship:
1. Copy of CAP admission Allotment Letter,
2. Copy Family Income Certificate of current Financial year issued by Tahsildar / Sub. Divisional Officer / Deputy Collector,
3. Copy of Fees Receipt,
4. Copy of Domicile certificate,
5. Copy of Statement of marks of Last Year (both the semester)
6. Undertaking Declaration certificate of parents/guardians about the number of children beneficiaries,
7. Copy of Aadhaar Card,
8. Copy of Bank Passbook Frontpage & canceled Cheque,
9. Copy of Leaving Certificate,
10. Copy of Ration Card,
11. GAP Affidavit on Stamp paper (if Applicable),
12. Copy of Death Certificate of Father, If not alive (if Applicable)
In conclusion, after successful admission, the student has to fill scholarship form online from the mahadbt.com website. Take three copies of the printout of the filled application form. Take Signature, attach required document and Undertaking.
Moreover, two copies, along with Documents, are to be submitted to the institution and the third one shall be returned as an acknowledgment.